Sunday 21 August 2011

Almond(badam) Halwa

I m not very fond of sweets as such but sometimes I get this deadly cravings for something sweet but not the regular ones as I find them too boring. It was during one of those rare moments that I was watching a cookery show and there something caught my fancy. It was this almond halwa and it really looked yummy but the problem was I didn't see the whole part. Inspite of this I felt like trying it out....The result was a low cal version of almond halwa that satisfied me to the core. The recipe comes to my rescue even to this day. Hope it does work the same magic for you.




Ingredients:
1 cup Almonds
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups water
1 tbs ghee
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 pinch of saffron

Method:
Soak the almonds in lukewarm water for 30 minutes and peel off the skin. Its easier that way. Make a coarse  paste using little water. Heat the pan. Add the sugar and water. Bring to a boil and add the almond paste. Keep cooking and stirring. Reduce the heat if it splutters. Add ghee and saffron and keep stirring till the all the water evaporates. Cool and chill (Do not freeze). Serve with ice-cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloo paratha (Indian bread stuffed with potato)

Utter the name of aloo paratha and the unanimous reaction will yummmm!. My stomach starts rumbling even if m just thinking of aloo parat...